Monday, October 27, 2008

It's Aliiiiive! Aliiive!

I think I felt the baby move the other day… it felt weird, and difficult to describe. It was kind of like something turning over in my stomach, like you feel when you’re nervous – like butterflies or something. Or, like when you’re hungry, and your stomach growls, but no growling. I’ve felt it a couple of times now, in the middle of my belly, below my navel. It’s not consistent though. I can’t wait for The Stowaway to get a little bigger, because then I’ll be able to feel it more consistently. Right now, I’m still not certain that it was the baby.Might I also add that (because Jesse and I are complete dorks) we find it hilarious that it's referred to as the Quickening? Every time we think about it, we joke that the baby is in the womb, practicing martial arts and sword skills, thinking, "There can be only one!" There are worse people for this baby to end up looking like, if The Stowaway's a boy, than Adrian Paul.

1 comment:

Natascha said...

I felt Ian at week 12 - not even kidding. That's what happens when you're barely moving/breathing in your cubicle at work while trying to get through some stupid admin assignment on your computer ;). I didn't feel this one move until almost week 20. Either way, it's totally possible you're feeling the baby. Just wait. It gets better :) :) :).