Let me start out this post by saying everyone (especially The Stowaway) is fine. Let me also start out this post by saying that if you text while driving, or dial your cell phone while driving, you're a total douche, and you should really stop that habit right now.Jesse, Mikey and I were heading into Center City. We were about a third of the way there, and were stopped at a red light. This idiot lady rear ended us. Fortunately, she was only going about 10-15 miles per hour. But seriously - red light. Why did she hit us? She was looking down at her cell phone, and not at the road. Like I said, everyone's okay, but you have to know that I got out of the car with my stomach sticking out as far as it would go, and rubbing my belly all, "Oh, goodness I hope the baby's okay" to make the lady feel as guilty as possible that she wasn't paying attention. Jesse got all of her insurance information, and we proceeded immediately to the hospital, although we were relatively certain nobody was hurt. Jesse's upper back began to ache on the way there, as did my shoulders and neck, but nothing serious, and I wasn't having any cramps or stomach pains. We got to the hospital, and were checked out by doctors. (On a side note, I found out that my blood type is B+. I thought it kind of fitting that my blood type is "be positive." Jesse's is A+ - also fitting, because he gets top marks in my book.) I discovered that, since I was only 15 weeks pregnant, they don't officially consider it a "viable pregnancy" - that happens at week 16, because apparently the fetus's organs are more developed, and there's a better chance of saving the pregnancy and/or the baby being able to survive. If I had been one more day pregnant, they may have done an ultrasound (although with the lack of severity of the accident, they may not have). You have to know, though, that because I was only one day away from Wee 16, if I really thought something was up, I would have caused a fuss about an ultrasound or treating the fetus. Jesse and I were mildly disappointed - we were hoping that some good could come out of the crappy situation, and we'd be able to peek under the hood and see if we have a Jackson or a Zoe. Still four more weeks until we know the gender. Sigh. They did take the baby's pulse, and I swear that the sound of our baby's heart beating is truly the most wonderful sound in the world to me at this moment. On a less-important note, there was no visible damage to the car, except for a tiny little ding in the rear bumper. Still though, NO CELL PHONES WHILE DRIVING!

2 comments:
Glad you're all ok! *hugs*
Char and I got bumped in a parking lot when Max was about 4 months old. It was such a SUPER minor thing and no one was even remotely in danger of being injured, but Char jumped out of the car and pulled Max out of his car seat going, "Are you alright? Are you hurt?" The woman who hit us looked like she was about to have a heart attack. It was really funny watching Char lay on the guilt. Glad all is well.
Post a Comment