Jackson has now been on the outside for five months! So we took him today to the Montgomery Mall Picture People for his close-up, Mr. Demille. We've been going for several months in a row now, so the people have gotten to know us, which is nice. They also get some of the best smiles out of Jackson, too!
This month features Jackson with his favorite "friend" Sebastian the Monkey. Sebastian was a gift to Jackson from Cousins Scott and Jen. Jesse has given the monkey a British accent... it's hilariously adorable. The outfit was also a gift to Jackson from Cousins Matt, Elyse, Maya, Emma and Naomi. I'll have some great pictures of all of them with Jackson up on the blog in the next few days.
Jackson is rolling over back-to-front like he's been doing it forever. He struggles a little more with front-to-back because his shoulder seems to get in the way. Jackson used to hate tummy-time, but now digs it something awesome, in part because he's trying to crawl. Jackson will kind of rock back and forth, and inch-worm his butt so he can move forward. Any day now he'll realize he can get up on his knees and use his hands and knees to move forward...
"They" say you should begin to introduce solid foods any time between four and six months, provided your baby can sit up and also shows interest in you eating. Well, Jackson can sit up on his own with little assistance now, and he's reaching for our food while we're eating. We're thinking of introducing rice cereal soon. We'll have lots of pictures and videos when we do!
I can't believe it's been five months... I honestly don't remember life without him. What did I do with my time? I guess I did read more, and perhaps I wasted more time on wonderfully awful blogs, and kept up on my politics. Today, we spent nearly an hour playing without even realizing the time had passed - Jackson was sitting on my lap, and I held him up under his armpits and "force jumped" Jackson up in the air, and let Jackson "walk" on the sofa. He's also very ticklish on the side of his neck, so I zrbit him there and Jack will squeal and giggle. When he gets tired, Jackson burrows his head into my chest, or will just sit quietly in my arms and I get to sniff his delicious head. In any event, I guess I'm not as well read as I used to be, but damns this is way more fun.

6 comments:
He is too adorable! I love the photo in the cap best of all.
BTW, you are SOOOO lucky that your baby was born in an era with excellent photo places and nice clean backdrops. When our boys were little, Sears was the only option...and I just couldn't deal with the fake autumn leaves and tacky schoolhouse backgrounds.
My sister recently took her kids to Sears; they have plain backgrounds now, but their pictures aren't any better without the tacky backdrops.
But hey, at least it's not lasers: http://www.laserportraits.net/
And, the cap one was my favorite too - I love how Jackson's tongue is curled! Jesse likes the one where the monkey and Jackson are crawling up over the bean bag best...
i have been taking my kids to Target to get their pictures done and they do a great job! the trick is you need to ask for a white back ground. they do black and whites, sepia etc.
he is adorable and growing so fast!
I know I'm partial, but that sure is one good looking dude. MY "BB" is getting way too big!!!
I admit - I've been back to this post a lot. I'm not sad to see there hasn't been a new one because each and every time I look at his pictures they just make me melt :).
I'm just glad to see your use of the word "zrbit". Believe it or not, a lot of people have no idea what this word is or where it came from :-)
Post a Comment