My project this weekend was to organize our photos, and group them by date and event. Previously our photos were just... in a folder. With no naming convention. So I couldn't figure out what pictures were what. Now, we've got a format (year-month-date descriptor). I'm able to easily find our photos and videos, and know what they are before opening them. It's much more descriptive than IMG_3495, which is how my camera names them...
Part of this was inspired by the fact that in trying to move images from my camera to my hard drive, I erased nearly eighteen months of Jackson pictures and images. I was inconsolable, thinking they were just gone. But then I figured that they were probably still there, just no longer accessible. And then in searching the beautiful beautiful interwebs, I learned that when you delete something from a memory device, you don't really delete it - you tell your devices that the memory the file was taking up is now available to write on again. So, if you delete something, you can technically still find it, with the right program, provided you haven't taken any photos yet. I found a great recovery program, and voila! I found all 846 images I had deleted.
But that's not what you're here for... you're here for Jackson.
Video of Jackson below:
And, a rare shot of Mommy and Jackson! I'm usually the archivist, which means there are very few pictures of me with Jackson. That's fine by me, but I'm wondering if I'll look back and miss that there aren't more pictures of me with Jackson... It doesn't bother me now, so I don't think it will bother me then. Just so long as Jesse jumps behind the camera every now and then to get a good action shot of me and my little Gentle-mine playing.
And we end the photo portion of our summary of January with Jackson and Mom-Mom playing "This Little Piggy." As you can tell, he is beyond delighted with the game. The other thing Mom-mom does is lick Jackson's palm. I think it's a little gross, but Jackson loves it and thinks it's hilarious.
But now, the piece de resistance - I can hardly believe that a year ago this month, Jackson was just learning how to crawl. Babies grow up way too fast. In this video, he hadn't even mastered the art of the crawl - he's still doing the army crawl, and only for short bursts at that. Anyway, here is video of Jackson one year ago, attempting to crawl:

3 comments:
Is it okay if I say that Jackson is a beautiful little boy? I mean...handsome and manly...but no..really...he's so beautiful. I just love staring at his face :) :).
It is not only okay, but encouraged. In recompense for me allowing said comments, I insist you show said same face to your adorable daughter to prime her for falling madly in love with Jackson.
Huzzah
Post a Comment