Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snow Day!

I cannot begin to describe how grateful I am that my job allows me to work from home when necessary. Due to the weather yesterday, Jackson was home. I was able to get a lot of work done throughout the day while Jackson played with his blocks and toys or watched Po. It was nice to be able to eat lunch together, and take short breaks to read a story with Jackson (new favorites - "Touch and Feel Dinosaurs" and "Pat the Bunny). At the end of the day, we went outside for Jack's first real time playing in the snow. We built a snow man, and half-way through our neighbors next door (Natalie and Lucas) helped us finish. Jackson got really upset and cold after a while (he really didn't like wearing mittens, and HATED being cold); we went inside and had hot cocoa while watching Po one more time, at which point we were back on a regular weekday schedule.

I wouldn't want to work from home every day, because although he was fine yesterday, I can't depend on Jackson not needing someone available to his needs as he needs them and not when I'm able to take a break. But yesterday was a nice, fun stolen snow day.

No comments: