Sometimes, I like where I work. But on some days, I really love where I work. The guys are funny and smart, and practical jokes abound... They're snarky and clever, and appreciate the give-and-take of a good email snark-fest... With that in mind, a meeting with a potential client is coming up, and I wanted to know if the guys wanted to take along marketing "propaganda." Sometimes we'll send that info after the meeting, and sometimes we'll bring it with us. I emailed the guys to ask what they preferred... The full email chain, after the jump... Because it seemed like the dilemma could be summed up as "to book, or not to book," I figured a "Hamlet" reference would be appropriate...
-----Original Message-----
From: Nicole R. Benner
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 3:33 PM
To: D, S
Subject: Pennrose meeting - leave-behind?
T and I were talking this morning, and he asked if we were preparing any sort of book or leave-behind for Pennrose after our meeting. Sometimes we will follow up with a book in the mail; other times we will send you with a book to leave there. Sometimes we don’t send a book at all…
Since you both know Pennrose, what are your thoughts? To book, or not to book… that is the question… whether ‘tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous printing costs???
Now, I have to say that S is very snarky. He out-snarks me even. It's difficult to shut me up, and S does so routinely... This was his reply back
-----Original Message-----
From: S
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 3:41 PM
To: Nicole R. Benner; The Guys
Subject: RE: Pennrose meeting - leave-behind?
To quote shakespeare, "Don't know...ask D." Also, next time please compose your entire email in Iambic Pentameter.
Well, that, my friends, was a challenge... and I could not resist... So, my response below. And I have to say, I'm fairly proud of the fact that I came up with the sonnet in less than a half-hour, and all while doing actual work.
-----Original Message-----
From: Nicole R. Benner
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 4:16 PM
To: S, D
Subject: RE: Pennrose meeting - leave-behind?
Next time, I’ll try my email to compose
With best intentions, and with careful words
In perfect verse, and in Iambic prose
To best create exciting notes, not turds
If that be the best way for to get
A simple answer to the question posed,
I take your challenge, and increase the bet,
And at you lift my hand and thumb my nose.
My former email, I, of course, abjure
And ask again, good sir, in form and prose -
Would you like a leave-behind brochure
For your later meeting with Pennrose?
At risk of causing quite a stir or fit,
I thusly say to you, good sir, suck it.
It was a good day at work... Hee!!!!

1 comment:
...........You're my hero, Nikki O_O. *hugs*
That's just plain awesome. AWESOME, I tell you!
Post a Comment