Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Jackson's Big Day

Jackson had his first day of day care on Monday. I sent off my two men to conquer the world! Jack hardly knew that anything unusual was happening - during my leave we were sure to go places and have lots of fun outside of the house so that when the time came to go to day care, Jackson would be used to the routine of leaving the house.

We are taking Jack to a day care in King of Prussia called For Kid's Sake, and the women there are just great. Here is Jack with "Grandma" Doris [sorry - that's Miss Ruth, not Miss Doris].

Jackson has his own crib, and his own sheep name tag over his crib. There are currently only four other babies sharing the Infant Room with him, and Jackson is the youngest guy (although not the littlest - he can go inch for inch with the six month olds already). All of the ladies love him, and are taking such good care of him. It is hard to have Jack spend most of his day with other people, but I feel as good as can be knowing he is in great hands.

2 comments:

jennifer said...

Jack looks so contented and sweet in these pictures! Looks like you chose the absolutely perfect place for your little guy. Love the age and experience of the caregiver too.

Take it from an older mom, as long as someone caring and competent meets the simple needs of babies/toddlers/preschoolers for part of the day, they'll be fine.

SarahR said...

Hi Nikki! I know this a hard time right now, but I swear it will all be okay. Believe me, I still have days when it is just super difficult to leave Ashley when I go to work. Just the other day, I started crying when I pulled away from day care. You are a wonderful Mommy, and I am sure he will do just great at daycare. Love you girl!