Well, not really insane. But I recommend buying stock in Kleenex when the market opens tomorrow, because tomorrow is Jackson's first day at day care. It's the best situation it can be - I'm only working half-days my first week back, and it's a short week at that due to the 4th of July holiday. Even so, I don't want our exclusive "Mommy/ Jackson" time to end. I know that this is the best thing for both me and Jack, that we'd have to change a lot of things about our lives if I became a stay-at-home mom, yadda yadda yadda... even so, and even though I know this is the way it has to be, I'm really dreading tomorrow. Last week I just ate up my Jackal time. We did a lot of snuggling and cuddling. We played "How Big is Jackson" and read stories, ran errands together, played on the activity mat, and napped together on the sofa. I just soaked in his cuteness, and tried to make the most of our last days alone together. I tried to get him to laugh on video, but just like when he was in utero and I'd try to get him to kick on command, he "Michigan J. Frog"-ed me again, and so I only have the barest of smiles and the briefest of coos. Please note though that as soon as I put the camera down, he'd laugh up a storm! Videos (to be added later) after the jump. Edited to add videos (6/29)On Tuesday 6/23 we also had gone to Momu and Poppy's house to visit, after making a stop at the Kitty Doctor located around the corner from their house. Jackson loves to smile and laugh for his Momu, and Jack loved playing Patty Cake with her:
Then, on Friday 6/26, I tried to get some videos of Jackson smiling and laughing, so I could play them for the people at work... okay, so I could play them for myself at work! But Jackson just wouldn't do it for the camera! He does not perform on cue, apparently...
Some coos and a bit of a smile:
A little giggle:
Jackson sneezing - too cute:
Jackson having a conversation with his Momu:

No comments:
Post a Comment