
I installed Google Analytics to the blog. I wanted to see where people were coming from, and how many people were reading the blog. I'm in marketing - I like statistics... sue me! So, I'm watching you. But more importantly, if you're linking to The Ancestral Manse (which I know from getting click throughs from referring sites), I'll be adding you to our (hopefully growing) list of links as well. If you're reading The Ancestral Manse, and you don't see your blog listed, let us know if you want a link.
One of the things I noticed was that people are visiting the home page, and reading the "short" post, but not always clicking on the "Read More" link... That's fine, just keep in mind that there are more writing stylin's after the jump... I love Google Analytics! You get to see how many people visit your site, and how long they stay on the site... You can also see which pages they enter on, and which posts they're reading. You can measure the "bounce" rate, which is how many people visit your landing page without clicking on any other links. You can see how many unique visitors you have, versus returning visitors... So awesome! Just know that Big Brother's watching, and I know what pages you're visiting...

No comments:
Post a Comment