We've just entered Week 6, which means that this week the Woomba's heart's beating 80 times per minute, and it's the size of a nail head. Facial features are starting to form, as are the internal organs.As to symptoms, tiredness, boob tenderness, and bloating... check, check, and check. The one symptom that I do have, in spades is gas. Poor Jesse! I wish I could say it was the non-stinky kind, or the kind where the smell goes away quickly, but no... Right before I would get my period, I'd have the worst smelling gas, and the worst part was that it would linger. This? Is like that. But not just for a couple of days. It's just awful. Seriously, sometimes it's like garbage wrapped in poo. Jesse describes them as a lingering bouquet of stench. They cling to everything, they hang around, and are extra stinky. And they're not a dry, crisp fart, either. Other than the toxic gas, I haven't had any real bad symptoms yet. And, I'm just going to assume that I'm not going to. I believe strongly in the power of positive thinking, and I'm keeping an eye out for things that may be problematic, but I'm not expecting them, and I'm doing what I can to avoid them. To date, no morning sickness. I've been trying to eat fairly steadily, with small meals and lots of snacks like celery or carrots, or a piece of fruit. Everything I've read says that you can try to stave off morning sickness or help it to be less intense by making sure that you have food in your stomach. The bloating is kind of annoying - the bathroom is my new best friend. I thought that it would be hard for me to drink all of the water I'm supposed to, but I'm finding that I'm super-thirsty, and therefore drinking like water's going out of style, which makes the toilet my new best friend. I wish that we had the soft toilet paper at work, too, but we don't. It's very scratchy on my bits. I think I"m going to have to petition for two-ply at my next annual review. It's Monday, and that means belly pictures. I'm still not showing, not that I would or should be. But you can definitely see my "water baby":



4 comments:
Congratulations Nikki :-) I'm so happy for you!!!
I am so excited for you! As far as the morning sickness, you are doing exactly the right thing. I still was nauseous, but never puked and I think was because I never let my stomach get empty. Good job Momma Nikki!! Miss you!!
you're too cute! aww the joys of pregnancy =)
that is awesome you are not having morning sickness, it is aweful.
we missed you last sunday! we will have to plan a time to get together.
SOOO fantastically happy for you two!! Congrats! ^_^ I didn't know until Daniel told me (I squealed with girlish glee). You two are going to be Awesome parents! *hugs* Again congrats!
Post a Comment