Sunday, August 3, 2008

Everything's about to change

Something woke me this morning (August 2, 2008) at around 3am. I tried to go back to sleep, but I really had to pee. When using a pregnancy test, you should use your first morning urine, because the urine is less diluted and therefore contains more of the pregnancy hormone. So, I was torn between wanting to sleep (because I knew if I took the test, and got a positive result, I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep), and really having to pee. I held out as long as I could, but I really had to go to the bathroom. So I took the test. It was positive. The picture header is the display from my pee-stick.

Jesse and I went back and forth on whether or not to even start this blog, because it would be odd to have several posts talking about symptoms, and sharing our attempts at trying to get pregnant, without sharing a positive result. But, most miscarriages occur within the first six weeks of a pregnancy, and also within the first trimester, so there was (and is) a distinct possibility of sharing this news, and then having to share not-so-good news. We really debated sharing a positive pregnancy test until we passed those first milestones, like the six week mark, and then the first trimester mark. In the end though, we realized we couldn't not share this.

At the moment, we're pregnant, yet still reserving full-on excitement for a few weeks. (Who am I kidding - we're super ridiculously excited!!!)


Update: you may have noticed that the date I took the test (8/2/08) is actually not the day we're posting this message; we wanted to call our parents and siblings first and tell them "in person" (not that anyone except Daniel reads this, because he's the only cool kid on the block).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am totally going to start stocking up on those obnoxious onesies. fair warning.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh!!! congrats!! i am so excited for you!! you guys will make amazing parents=)