Saturday, November 21, 2009

Belated Welcome to Ambrose Dante Benner

I am so behind on blog updates.

Jackson has a new cousin! Jesse's older brother Kelsie and his wife Regina (and their daughter Mary) welcomed Ambrose Dante Benner on August 17. We're excited that there's another Benner Boy in the family, although now Jackson does need to share the title of "cutest Benner Boy". I guess Jackson can still lay claim to the cutest Benner Boy born in April... or the cutest Benner Boy living in Erdenheim? Seriously though - look at that picture to the left - is that not an adorable baby? Must be from Regina's side... Kidding! Besides, it really has to be in the Benner genes, to have two such adorable little men...

We celebrated Ambrose's christening last Sunday, November 15th, although here are some early pictures of Ambrose, taken in early October, when some of Jesse's relatives came in to town for a family wedding:













More pictures taken on the day of the Christening, after the jump:


Jackson considers his Poppy, thinking, "Hm... I don't know about this guy..."








Then he decides, "I'm not sure about this guy at all! He's one shady character!"

 

 
Jackson makes a run for it!!! Too bad he can't stand without support...








Here are the Benner Boys, minus Ambrose. Jackson really does love having is picture taken! And, he loves his uncles (and his daddy).



He sure does love his Uncle Kelsie... maybe it's because Unkie Kelsie has babies of his own, and is comfortable holding Jack?





Because Jack's not so sure about Unkie Daniel...

Now, you may notice that Jackson had a costume change some time between the ceremony and coming home... yeah. Jackson's recovering from a double ear infection, and is on serious antibiotics. Apparently antibiotics can cause some serious blowouts... Either that, or Jackson just likes to change his outfits.



These are two fine gentlemen! Something about churches and christenings brings out the handsome in my men...

2 comments:

jennifer@mothersofbrothers.com said...

Great pictures! How wonderful that these two cousins will share so many event and memories!

Judging from your photos, you are definitely living in a patriarchal society. Hmm, sounds familiar.

The Benners (mostly Nikki) said...

@Jennifer - I'm hoping that, if Jackson winds up with a sibling, it's another boy... in part so I can be a Mother of Brothers too...