It's so hard to believe that Jackson is over seven months old! We took him to The Picture People today for his seven month portraits. We had originally intended to take him last week, but his nasty double ear infection was just too much for the little man to take.The studio was so crowded! So many people were bringing their families in for the annual Holiday Portrait - it was fun to see all the little girls in their velvet and chiffon dresses, and the young gentlemen in their cords and sweater vests... I was saying to Jesse that the only thing I'll miss about not having a daughter would be the pretty floofy dresses. But when you have a son like Jackson, it doesn't matter much.

While we also got a good picture for our family portrait to include in our holiday cards, we also got some great pictures of just Jackson. Jesse and I want these pictures to capture Jackson in this moment in time - no artificial outfits or styling... so we can look back and remember how Jackson looked at this time. We try to pick an outfit that we dress him in a lot, which is why Jack's not wearing any special holiday outfit. And any accessories are toys that are Jackson's favorite when the portrait is taken.
I know that as Jack's mom I'm obligated to find him to be the most handsome. But seriously... look at this child! Is he not the cutest little boy evar (you are not obligated to answer yes if you have a little man of your own)!?
He loves to smile at the camera - when we're selecting our poses, the challenge is to pick just one or two for prints. Each one is just more adorable than the next. Again, I know I'm biased, but often people who are not related to us will comment on Jack's cuteness, and I've got to believe that they would just stay silent if he was hideous or something... unless they feel sorry for us and want to make us feel better for having such a grotesque child... but I don't think so (grin).

2 comments:
No shame at all for thinking your child is especially handsome. He is absolutely adorable Nikki! just precious! Love the pictures.
He definitely has to be one of the cutest boys I have ever seen... He will make a gorgeous "younger man" for one of my girls someday!!! Love the family picture also- you are all picture perfect!!!
Post a Comment