Sunday, December 13, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

I feel like I should post some Thanksgiving cuteness before I get to Christmas, and before Hanukkah ends... things have been so crazy lately, and I feel like the blog postings have suffered for it...

We had three Thanksgivings this year - Thursday night we celebrated at Momu and Poppy's house. The first picture of the post is Jackson with Mary and Ambrose. Wrangling the three children for a photo op was quite the challenge. This was the best picture we could get!

On Friday, we headed up to northern New Jersey to spend the day with Tara, Terry, Dylan, Brody, and Mommom (my mother). Jackson had a great time - here he is playing the xylophone with Tinkerbell and Aunt Tara.

On Sunday, we had dinner with Grandpappy. We went out for a delicious Persian feast at a restaurant not too far from our house. For some reason my dad didn't skootch in to be in the picture here... The Persian food was a delicious change from turkey and trimmings.

More about each Thanksgiving (and my "more" I mean more pictures and some video... because seriously - it was playing, chatting, eating, and drinking. No real difference from others' Thanksgivings)


Jackson with Aunt Regina, Uncle Kelsey, and apparently trying to steal food from Momu's plate...



My mother got presents for Ambrose and Mary, to congratulate them on their birth and being a big sister (respectively). She didn't want to leave Jackson out, so she got him a Star Wars sticker book. I think he was a little excited. Jesse played with Ambrose a bit... I think Ambrose is worried that he looks a little too tasty to Jesse... Mary's "big sister" present was some butterfly hair clips. Isn't it so generous of her to share them with her Uncle Jesse?



Friday we were at my sister's house. Dylan had a great time playing with Jackson - she taught him a new game... roll the truck! I wasn't surprised Jackson enjoyed the game but I hadn't expected him to learn how to play too! He figured out very quickly to roll the truck back to Dylan so she'd roll it to him.



Then they danced!



And played some peek-a-boo!




As mentioned above, the Persian food was a welcome break from traditional turkey fare. Of course we got dessert, and to say that Jackson loved Persian ice cream is an understatement! He was reaching out and pulling the spoon to his mouth!

1 comment:

Natascha said...

Checking for a pulse. Hello? NO PULSE!?!?! THERE'S NO PULSE!?!??! SOMEBODY GET SOME HELP!?!?!?!!? Hello? Hellooooooo? Anybody out there? Did I miss something? :) :) :). We love you. We kid because we care. A lot :).