Thursday, May 21, 2009

Another Visit from Grandpappy

Jackson's gift offerings are limited - at this point, he can make spit-up, poop, and a headache from crying (tee hee). But he can also give cuddles, and truly that's the best gift EVER! So when Grandpappy's birthday was coming up on 5/17 (that's my dad, btw), Jackson and I conferred, and decided to cook him dinner, give him a couple of framed Jackson pictures (one of them was the header photo), and cuddle time. Jackson also saw fit to give Grandpappy some spit-up too... he's a generous and giving child like that!

When I was a kid, I didn't like to be rocked to sleep. But Jackson doesn't go to sleep any other way. We let Grandpappy have his turn at rocking Jack to sleep, and singing him songs. We tried to read to him from "Where the Sidewalk Ends," but Jack would have none of that. However, the ABC song and "Twinkle Twinkle" were huge hits:


1 comment:

Nikki said...

That's too funny. Those are two of Des' favorite songs!

He's getting so big! Greg still needs to meet him. We'll need to set something up. I'll give a call later this week to see what you guys are up to.