Sunday, May 10, 2009

My First Mother's Day!

What a great day! Jackson got me the absolute best present ever - SLEEP! We took the advice of my sister, and gave Jack a large bottle of formula before bedtime. He slept for five hours! Then, when he woke up in the middle of the night, Jesse didn't wake me, and gave Jack some more formula, and Jack slept for another five hours. In retrospect, that second bottle of formula was a mistake, because my boobies hurt in the morning from missing the feeding. We're going to try something similar tonight, but with boobie-time instead of formula for that middle of the night feed... Cross your fingers for another good night's sleep!

We had a great day... When I woke up, Jack had slipped my mother's day card in his bassinet (very crafty of him) - he wrote me a beautiful card, and also got me a gift certificate for a massage! Daddy must have told him that I'm a sucker for a good back rub!

Then, we ran some errands and tried out the Baby Bjorn (we had been using the sling for in-house sling needs). Jack really had no opinion on the matter, but I loved having him in the Bjorn. We may even take a walk tomorrow with it.

In the afternoon, Mom-Mom (my mother) and Momu (Jesse's mom) came over - we cooked burgers and dogs, and just hung out as mothers - Jack got passed from one grandma to the other. Daddy also showed off his mad baby-fu skills.

Maybe it's because Jack is so little yet, or that I'm such a new mother, but today didn't feel different. I think I was more focused on celebrating with my mother than I was on the fact that I get to celebrate today too. I think I was more excited about getting a good night's sleep than anything! Maybe next year will be more exciting, once Jack's older and more engaged in what's going on in the world. Truth be told, I am really looking forward to receiving my first macaroni necklace...

No comments: