So, Jack woke up at 9:30am for his regular second breakfast. I fed him on the one side for about a half-hour, and then he conked out. But about twenty minutes later, he was awake again, and only happy if we were walking around. Yesterday our cleaning lady was here, so we were fine walking around downstairs while she cleaned the upstairs... Jack was hungry again around 11:00, and ate until about 11:30. Laura then came downstairs to clean, and I figured I'd walk Jack in his stroller until he fell asleep. We walked for about an hour, and no luck - no sleep at all... he'd doze for about ten minutes, then wake up and cry. We walked two miles, but to no avail. We came back home, and I fed Jack again around 12:30. We walked around outside on the back deck some more, and then came inside. Jack slept for another twenty minutes, and then was hungry again around 2:00. He fell asleep around 2:30, but then woke up when my mother in law came over around 3:15 (so I could catch a nap). Jack was up and awake again around 4pm, but my boobies were very sore, so we gave him two ounces of formula, hoping that would put him to sleep. Jack decided to cry out every twenty minutes or so, just as I was about to drift off to sleep. So, no nap for either of us. We fed again at 6pm. Jesse took Jack for a walk from about 7:00ish to 8:30ish, and he was awake for most of that... Jack finally fell asleep around 9:30ish, allowing us to go to bed; then he woke throughout the night in three hour intervals for snacks (11:30pm; 3:00am; 6:00am). We were hoping that today would be easier, but Jack's now awake (8:00am) because he pooped in his sleep... I have a feeling I'm in for it again today.
Hacked by Chinafans
1 month ago

1 comment:
Aww, Nikki, I remember that SOOOO well. It truly is exhausting and Ashley was the same way. She was a snacker and not a good sleeper. She was take cat naps and didn't like to breastfeed (at 4 months I finally just caved and went all formula). It was quite a struggle - then throw in the baby blues and I was a mess! Just keep your head up. It will get better, I promise. I noticed in your later blog you got a sling. I had one for Ashley and a Baby Bjorn. It was my LIFESAVER!! It really does help because she always wanted to be held.
Post a Comment