I expected to be sleep deprived; I wasn't prepared for what it does to one's brain. Jesse and I are losing words... or, we'll be in the middle of a sentence and forget what we were saying. I wanted to tell him a funny story about my niece Dylan (story to follow after the jump), and forgot the story until two days later. But the funniest exchange happened about three days ago, around the 3:00/ 4:00am feeding:(Int. Benner Bedroom, middle of the night. Jesse and Nikki are asleep in their bed, with Oliver, their cat, sleeping curled up between them near their heads. Alarm clock goes off)
Nikki: Is the baby awake?
Jesse: No - do you want me to change Jack's diaper?
Nikki: Yeah. Then we'll feed him.
Jesse: Okay. (begins to carefully pick up the cat, cradling the cat's head to protect his neck)
Nikki: What are you doing?
Jesse: Changing his diaper.
Nikki: The CAT?
Jesse: (looks down) Oh. What am I doing?!
Funny niece story - click on "read more":
So, a couple of weeks ago, it was Passover, and Dylan (my sister's four year old daughter) asks my sister to tell her the story of Passover. So my sister explains how the Jews were slaves in Egypt, and the mean Pharaoh made them build the pyramids. Blah blah blah, Moses tapped by God, ten plagues, Moses led the Jews out of Egypt, no time for bread to rise equals matzoh, etc. etc.My brother in law is a civil engineer, and a dammed smart one at that. He's going to Egypt in the near future to present at a conference. Dylan, knowing this and knowing she's Jewish, starts to cry - "I don't want to go to Egypt," because she's concerned that the Pharaoh will make her be a slave!
Too cute!

2 comments:
cute stories! jesse trying the change the cat's diaper is a classic!
you set the alarm for overnight feedings?!! you are too good! we always just let our kids sleep until they woke on their own, which was still every 2-3-4 hours but mine were bottle feed so maybe it is different? who knows!
sounds like you guys are doing great parenting a newborn! hang in there, he will eventually sleep through the night, I PROMISE!! =)
Oh geeze, I nearly died laughing when I read about Jesse attempting to change _Oliver's_ diaper ^_^ So priceless! Its those middle of the night, not even awake conversations that are the best.
You guys are doing great! Such wonderful parents ^_^ *hugs to all*
Post a Comment