I have been extraordinarily remiss in updating the blog. To be honest, I could probably squeeze it in… so there’s no excuse really. So, here are some general updates, and some recent pictures of Jackson.Now that I’m back to work full time, The Benner Family has settled into a fairly regular routine… We’re up and at ‘em around 6:00am, with Jesse playing with Jackson while I get ready for work, and then I get smiles time with Jackson while Jesse gets ready. We’re out of the house around 7:30am, with Jesse and Jackson off to “school” and work. One of us picks Jackson up at 5:00pm, and we’re home for dinner time around 6:00pm. We’ll get in some play time after dinner, and then time for bath (see here for our bath time song), followed by a bed-time story and snack, with Jackson falling asleep around 7:30pm. Jesse and I then wash his bottles from day care and prepare his bottles for the next day, as well as clean up from dinner. By the time all that’s done (with perhaps some laundry thrown in, if Jackson decided at day care that he wanted a costume change) it’s 8:00pm or sometimes even later! These days, I’m in bed around 10:00pm, so there’s not much time for blogging.
Even so, there have been some opportunities to get some pictures of general Jackson cuteness:

These days have a reassuring sameness to them. Last night, Jesse and I sat on the sofa watching “To Catch a Thief” on television while Jackson sat on my lap and we played with one of his toys… I don’t think it gets too much better than that. While our schedule is challenging, and our days full, it’s our life, and that’s nice.
Jackson isn’t doing much different than he’s been doing… he’s trying to roll over still – he gets half-way there, and does what Jesse calls “The Curly Shuffle” where he motors his legs around, and spins himself in a circle on his side. I need to get some video of him doing that! He’s sitting up with assistance, and is even more coordinated as he reaches and grabs for things. Jackson’s favorite toys are ones that have some sort of crinkle in them – he likes the feeling and the sound. Because he’s able to support himself better, he’s loving his Exer Saucer even more.

Now with video:
So, that’s where we are – still trying to normalize the routine so we can be more efficient and have maximum snuggle and smile time with Jackson!

No comments:
Post a Comment