Saturday, August 29, 2009

Leave the gun. Take the canoli.

One of Jackson's future friends, Alex, was baptized this past Sunday, 8/23. Alex's parents, Ian and Christie, are friends of Jesse's from Kung Fu. Ian and Christie are like the cool kids from high school, and despite the fact that we've been friends with them now for about four or five years it still feels like Jesse and I are the geeks who just got invited to eat at the cool kids' table in the cafeteria...

Jesse was super-excited when Ian and Christie asked Jesse to be Alex's godfather. I was excited too, but more so about the opportunities to do bad Marlon Brando impressions, and to over-quote The Godfather. What can we say? Ian made Jesse an offer he couldn't refuse.

We got to the church a bit early, and Jesse took the opportunity to snatch the camera away from me for a moment so he could get some snaps of me with my absolutely adorable son... the outfit was a gift from my dad, who works part-time at the Neshaminy Mall JC Penney outlet store. I thought that dressing him in this one would be very "suit"-able (hee). I returned the favor though, and got a picture of my handsome men looking quite dapper indeed.


















I got some great pictures of the priest giving his blessings to the family...













We got some great snaps of Jack inspecting Alex in his car seat. I think Jackson may have been slightly confused, as Alex has the same carrier... In any event, Jack was very interested in Alex, although Alex was drowsing and didn't seem to share the interest at first... Alex wanted to get in one last "naptism" before the baptism (for all you Scrubs fans, that joke was Jesse's, and it's just for you). This picture doesn't reflect it, but Jack was looking at Alex and making coos and other noises as Alex slept.


Later on in the day, after we went back to Alex's house for some food and beverages, we were able to get Jackson and Alexander together for a photo op. These two little guys look all sweet and innocent now, but in a few years' time, I'm sure when we see them together we'll know that some evil plan is afoot...




Unfortunately, I didn't get many pictures of Christie holding Alex or his sister Julia, but I did get pictures of Ian holding them:


















I love this picture... Jackson is definitely his father's son... I tried to explain to Jackson that only Mommy's "dinners" actually provide dinner; all other "dinners" are merely ornamental.







And then there's this picture of Alex, that totally captures his goofy expression. Alex is only two months old, so it's difficult to determine his personality yet... but if he's anything like his parents, he'll be the most awesome and cool kid on his block.

No comments: