
As I mentioned in an earlier post, due to the economy my office has reduced our pay and work period by ten percent. This means I have every other Friday off. It happened kind of suddenly, so in July Jackson and I had special "Mommy and Me" time. We had some notice for August's days, and Jesse was able to take a vacation day on 8/14 so we were able to have a family day. I'm really glad, because it means that Jesse was able to hop behind the camera, and we got a rare shot of ME with Jackson! I never really thought about the fact that I don't appear in most of the pictures because I'm taking them...
We went into the city for some early appointments, and ran into Uncle Daniel! On our way out of the city, because the weather was so nice, we decided to take a walk in Fairmount Park by the Valley Green Inn. Retirement's pretty sweet, and my mom was able to join us as well. We had a fun walk through Valley Green - there's a new Facebook Note going around asking you to name 15 books that have made an impact on you... we talked about some of our favorite books. The two hours we spent with Mom-Mom just flew by.
We didn't do anything special in particular... but it was a really nice day. I'm not sure how long our office is going to continue this, but it's been nice to have the extra time with Jackson.
2 comments:
Perhaps this is inappropriate but oh well. It has to be said. Erhm... "HOLY CRAP YOUR KID IS CUTE!" There. I said it. I'm now apologizing (I could have used S**T in there, but thought that was really uncalled for) :).
Give us a girl. We will do our best to meld the clans... Then our cute little boy can be yours as well. Mwah ah ah!!
And, the Ledford/Pocek contingent makes cute boys, too... must be the Penn State water?
Asterisks are never uncalled for. Next time use s**t.
Post a Comment